Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Florida Electronic Hazardous Waste Regulations - FLEHaz
Welcome to the Florida Electronic Hazardous Waste Regulations or FLEHaz. FLEHaz is the Federal Hazardous Waste
Regulations - 40 CFR 124 and 40 CFR 260-279, as adopted by the State of Florida in Rule 62-730, F.A.C., effective
12-17-13, Rule 62-710, F.A.C., effective 04-23-13, Rule 62-731, F.A.C., effective 02-16-12, Rule 62-737, F.A.C.,
effective 02-16-12 and Rule 62-740, F.A.C., effective 02-16-12. All rule changes as reflected in 62-730, F.A.C.
are incorporated into this document. It is designed to show what rules are in effect for Hazardous Wastes in the
State of Florida.
Please be aware that this format of the Florida Hazardous Waste Rules is updated at a minimum of once per year,
sometimes more frequently. Please check back often to make sure you have the most recent version.
This rule format is currently in 830 Word documents that are interactive. You must download the zip file to your
hard drive. Be aware that as you click links within FLEHaz, many will open a new Word document. We are currently
working towards a more user friendly interface for these rules. Please be patient.
Follow the instructions below to download FLEHaz.
~~ PLEASE NOTE ~~
These files are quite large and should be unzipped after downloading to your computer. Below are instructions on
how to download the folders to your hard drive and how to unzip the downloaded folders.
To Download the Folder.
- Create a folder titled FLEHaz in My Documents, on your Desktop, or in any another place on your hard drive in which you work.
- Locate the FLEHazZip file at the bottom of this webpage and place your cursor over it.
- Right click on the FLEHazZip file. A window will pop up. Select "Save Target As."
- You will be given the option to save the folder to a specific location on your hard drive. Locate and select
the FLEHaz folder that you just created, and save the zip file into this folder.
- Now the zip file is available directly from your hard drive in a folder titled FLEHaz. In the Download Complete
box from step 4 select "Open Folder". Double click on the FLEHaz zip folder. There will now be a lot of Word
documents inside the FLEHaz zip folder. You should now see an option to extract those zipped files to your hard drive. This extraction step MUST be completed for the FLEHaz links to work.
- Newer Operating Systems should include a utility to extract files from the .zip file linked below, once saved to your hard drive:
- If your computer does not have its own extract utility, the file linked below will execute the unzip function
for you to the directory in which you have saved it on your hard-drive:
To execute the downloaded file, please rename it to FLEHazZip.exe.
- Select the FLEHaz1_Intro.doc file from the FLEHaz folder you just created to begin using FLEHaz. You need to unzip the files only once.