Research is the foundation of resource management. It provides
information about natural processes and the effects of our
activities--knowledge we need to make effective resource management
decisions. Therefore, this information is made available to the
public and is interpreted in our education programs.
Research Addresses Practical Issues...
The Florida Coastal Office conducts and supports scientific research that helps us to
better understand the:
- Effects of dock shading on aquatic grasses,
- Effects of trimming mangrove trees,
- Role of estuary waters on fishing
- Nesting requirements of shore birds,
- Sources of pollution that affect oysters,
- Effective methods of habitat restoration
- Effects of pesticides on marine animals